Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I found that I really can do Thanksgiving, and it wasnt just a one year fluke. I did it 2 years in a row-without a hitch! The turkey was awesome! I think everyone liked it. Stephens parents came, and his brother Mike and Jen (and their 2 kids),his brother Ev and Kristel came, and our good friends Jason and Jamee and their kids came. It was so much fun. We played games and ate ALL day!

This year I did NOT go shopping. Can you believe it! My best friend Cheri' was not happy with me that I broke "tradition"-but I still love ya Ri'! I just wasnt prepared this year. BUT we still had a wonderful weekend.

On Friday we played games and ate some more. The girls had a sleepover with their cousins....They did not go to sleep until almost 1 am. Mason had his buddy Teague over. Can I just say they are crazy boys.

Saturday brought a huge day! The boys took off to the BYU vs Utah game. WOW what a game! BYU won! I'm glad they won, but even more glad that all of those Scoresby boys came home happy!

While the boys were at the game, all of the girls went to this cute little place that I discovered in Midway. It is called "Pandora's Tea Parlour". Oh my gosh! It was so fun. All of us got to dress up and have a real tea party. It was just so much fun to see all of the little girls and big girls in a fun setting. I think Megan changed her outfit 3 times.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I have realized in my "young age" that really all that matters is family and friends. I think I have the best of both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! I didn't get up for shopping either, but I went later on that day. Last year I braved the crowds down in St. George, and decided that no deal is worth getting up at 3!

And, GO COUGARS!!!

Kellie said...

K I'm glad you had such a great day! Sounds wonderful! Have you been to Lizzy's parlour? (I think that is what it is called it is inside a little boutique store there) it is at the corner of highland and alpine right by the grocery store there? i wonder how it compares to the place in Midway! It was such a cute little tea party place... By the way how is the job interview going for Steve?

Barb said...

I can't believe you did not go shopping Ker!!! (I didn't either)

Suzer said...

Hey Ker & Barb, I didn't go shopping either!!! Wow! I can't believe that none of us went.

Doug and Becca said...

I agree with you completly, all that matters is family and friends. The tea party looked like fun. I'll have to remember that when Ashley gets older. Way to go on doing Thanksgiving....it seems like a big job and stressful.

Maleen said...

You seem to pull off every event without a hitch. You truly are a wonder. And I agree, I think you have great friends and family (except for those friends who ditch you in the mornings...what lame-ohs).