Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Van--Home away from home




For me I spend as much time in my car as I do at my house. This past weekend we had to make an unexpected trip home to Idaho for a funeral. We had a great time visiting all of our families. Well "Old Green" hit a milestone. She rolled over 100,000 miles. Old Green has been a good vehicle. She has done many school runs, A million dance runs, soccer runs, and many trips to Idaho and Vegas. We are grateful for "Old Green". I tried to convince Stephen that we should retire her and get a new one. UM "NO" was the answer. So who knows how long it will be until I get another new vehicle. Until then I guess its me and old green!

**Only a true scrapbooker would scrapbook (or blog) this silly event!

6 comments:

Maleen said...

Very cool. I love watching the milestones click away. Our trip to Idaho this week will take us over 50,000. Here's to cars that get us there and back.

Evan said...

I gotcha all beat...my Maxima just rolled over 222,000 miles! Still running strong - well except for the squeaky brakes, broken antanae, broken ventilation system, trunk doesn't pop open anymore, and power windows stuggle sometimes, buy hey! It gets me from point A to B and that's all that matters.

Barb said...

Sadly, my car is up there too... :-( Not quite there yet... but will be in the next year or so...

Chelle! said...

I think that it is great that there are other people out there that is as crazy as me--like taking a picture of numbers that scroll across our dashboard and scrapbooking or bloggin it. It is those milestones that keep us going!!!

BLADERUNNER said...

Ol' purple has 146k and still counting, especially since we overhauled the freakin' transmission.

buhlersdayoff said...

I love that you took a picture of it!! We took one of our car just recently but we didn't have our camera (boohoo) so I had to just take one with my phone camera which of course didn't turn out so well. Good luck!!