Tuesday, November 20, 2007

REASONS NOT TO MOVE TO IDAHO

So,the word is out! Stephen has been interviewing for a job with Aflac in our home state. He has been offered many other positions before-but for some silly reason, this one, he has really pursued. Dont ask me why, I never thought that I would move back home. Dont get me wrong, I love Idaho, and I love my family---but its not Utah, and I love it here. I love my family that is here, and I love Stephens family that is here too.
He just returned from Boise yesterday and all went very well. For those of you who may be wondering what were thinking, and where we are at with it all--we dont know yet. Pro-s and Con-s are not helping much because it is sixes. But it would be a great opportunity for Steve. For me and my job, it would be ok too-I have a large team there as well. BUT it is really hard for both of us to make a huge change when we have been here for 21 years. This is home and the roots run deep.

I must thank my friend Dean (Deanne) for her list of "Reasons to not move to Idaho". If you would like to read them, and add to the list--it may help in our decision. You can look on my blog (to the left and scroll down)under "my Peeps" and click on Darin and Dean. Thanks Darin and Deanne it means alot to us that you care and that you are such good friends to us!

We will keep you posted (no pun intended) on whats happening. As for me I would be perfectly happy if I stayed in "Happy Valley".

4 comments:

Maleen said...

I have to admit that I am in total denial about this "idea" of moving to Idaho. Every time you mention it, I push it far away before it has a chance to sink in as even remotely being a possibility. It's funny how after only knowing someone for a few years, it is hard to imagine things without them. Anyway, I totally vote for you guys staying (if only this were a democracy)and in the meantime I have left my two cents on Deanne's blog. Stay, Stay, Stay. (and at the same time I encourage you to do what is right for your family). If you need to, please disregard my last statement in parentheses.

Steve said...

Yes, the interview went well. The opportunity looks great. The money would be awesome. But I keep asking myself, "Do I really want to live in Idaho?"

Barb said...

I have no comment on the moving decision. First of all, I was just thinking I should look for jobs in Utah because most of the fam lives there. If you leave, then Evan will leave...Mike would go if he could find a job there...Suz and Brad want to go to Logan. I don't want to be in Happy Valley by myself. It wouldn't be so happy. I would go back to Idaho...if I found a job...then I could join your scrapbooking club. :-)

Kristel said...

Easy Barb, you are jumping to extremes just a bit. I think it's become fairly obvious that Steve and Keri are NOT moving to Idaho.