Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dutch Babies


The holidays are about traditions. As I have been thinking about all of the fun things we do during the holidays, I am reminded of a tradition that happens nearly every week! "Dutch Babies"! Steve makes these german pancakes for our family almost every Sunday. He has become a pro at it! The kids love them! They eat them with powdered sugar and syrup and think its quite the treat. They groan when I make them, as mine are in the squat and flat. I guess I will leave this dish up to Steve!

10 comments:

Maleen said...

We call them German Pancakes, but they are a big hit around here too. I even bought a powdered sugar shaker just for them.

Sheri said...

We love dutch babies too! I don't make them very often, we are partial to Danish pancakes a kind of crepe. Great tradition!

The Jeppson Family said...

Hello dearest! Found your blog, love it!

Tamalama said...

We call 'em "Hootenannies"! They are a tradition for us too-but with pecan praline sauce or bananas or strawberries and real syrup-love them! (except, now I can't have them because of
celiac:-()

Karen said...

Hey, girl. My kids also love german pancakes. I usually make them as a special treat on weekends. Sorry I didn't stop to see you but we hate the drive and try to do it fast.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I think I know where I am going EVERY Sunday morning!!! What a delicious tradition!!

D'Laina said...

Yummy I love German pancakes they are the best my dad always made them for us and they are shayla's favorite! How are you? Your blog is very cue!!

Suzer said...

Ker, I've had these made by Steve before and thought they were so good. Can you share the recipe???

Sally said...

Oh my gosh! I make those too! They are THE BEST! So glad you're doing better! Miss you!

Stacy said...

I make those too, David loves them and I can never get them quite right and he always reminds me :)