Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pine Wood Derby

This was Mason's first year to do the "Pine Wood Derby" for cub scouts. He has been looking forward to it for an entire year. Steve has NOT been looking forward to it, because it means that he has to actually carve out a car and do something artsy fartsy that he hates doing. He has tried numerous times to get out of the task. I mean come on, I helped the little dude get his wolf and all of his arrow points etc. I earned those awards right along with him. The least he could do is help do the dang car. Well he tried to get his dad to send him one of his old ones. His Dad laughed. I laughed too. He just stared at that hunk of wood- and continued to put it off. Three days-yes three days before the event Steve found a pinewood car kit at Hobby Lobby that was already cut out. He was saved! All he freakin had to do was help Mace sand and paint. The cheater pants! Mace didnt care, all he cared about was spending time with Dad and racing the car.
And race they did. Mace had a great time.

The finished car.
Driver Macer the Racer


The contenders.
Stay tuned, as we will find out the results of the fastest car next month.
Phew glad that one is over.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Next time call Tyler. He loves doing that stuff and I am pretty sure there aren't many pinewood derby's in his future. He would love to come and help Steve and Mace.

Karen said...

I have done many derby cars myself. I never had a husband that would do it. I did what Steve did and found me kits that were already cut out. Cost me some money but I didn't care. My boys loved to paint them and make them look awesome.

Suzer said...

Awesome Mace! Next month??? Why next month? Don't you find out that night? Just wondering...