Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Fathers Day to the BEST Dad EVER!

We were on our cruise for Steve's Birthday so he didn't get the big hoopla for his birthday with the kids. BUT we really tried to make Fathers Day special for him. Because really, he is the BEST dad!
Sunday morning started off with our fun gifts to Dad-
Mikayla gave hime a huge candy poster- it rocked! It said: Dear Dad, Everyone knows that my
"POP ROCKS"! I love how he is "Extra" nice to me and brings me "mounds" of joy! I love his "kisses" and the way that he "snickers" when he teases me. He may be an
Idaho Spud" but he is no "Milk Dud"! He's a "Whopper" of a Dad. I am glad that I can be one of his "3 Musketeers" Love Mikayla


Meggie worked for hours on her gift. She is our little artist. She did a chalk drawing of the BYU cougars. It will be framed this week. HE LOVED IT! It will be going in his office. She also made him some carmel corn and a card. She is such a sweetie!

Mace and I we bought him his new favorite "Days of Wonder" game. It is called-"Shadows Over Camelot". It rocks! Mace refused to get a photo.


We went to church and the primary kids sang to the Dad's and the youth gave them all hot fresh cinnamon rolls.

We made his favorite dinner or teriyaki chicken and rice. Kayla made his favorite dessert called "Surprise Pudding". I hate it, but he loves it so he gets it at least once a year.

Meg was in charge of our Family Home Evening (we do it on Sunday's because we are busy on Monday nights). She had a fun unscramble game that she did. Steve loved it. We had to unscramble letters to make words that discribed Steve. Here are some of the words that he got.
-smiles, happy, nice, friendly, hot, kind, loving, works, priesthood, laughs, winner, bald, sporty, cool, understanding, respectful.

We then had a quiz to see how well we know our Dad. He got some funny laughs and responses.

We watched a great clip about fathers from Elder Kristopherson and had dessert and played the new game. It was a great day. We love our Daddy, he is the Best. He learned from the best too. We love our grandpa's, they are great examples to us all.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a great Father's Day. I want to play Shadows of Camelot and other Days of Wonder games....

Rachel and Jacob said...

I love your kids daddy too!!! I know Heavenly Father knew he would be the best daddy for those munchkins too, i love you guys!