Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Really? I am a slacker- part two!

The holidays are suppose to be relaxing! How many of Megs concerts did we go too? It seems like 20 but I think it was 11 or 12. It was great though. She loves it and did very well for her first experience singing and dancing.


We enjoyed an afternoon at Color Me Mine... a new tradition that we love! Mace was ecstatic that he got to go this time. He made a very colorful Christmas Tree Plate that sported- "Go BYU"! Yes he is truly his fathers son.


Baking got put off until the week before, but my girls loved dipping chocolates and making goodies. Megs is a natural in the kitchen. Mikayla-well yeah, she needs a little help.

We were able to pull off our annual Christmas party. We had some of our good buddies and family members join us for a little christmas cheer. Note to self--Do not play the Santa's Beard Game. No one really liked vaseline and cotton balls on their faces.


The Traditional Scoresby Family Home Evening came off without a hitch. This was Dad and Mom Scoresby's first year since they were married that they were going to be home alone. Lucky for us, they were able to join us for our Family Night. Everyone was here except Blake and Jenna and kids. We totally miss them, especially at the holidays. It was fun playing games, telling stories, decorating cookies, singing and being together. Steve has a great family. We are blessed to have so many of them here near us.
Um yeah-I tried the santa game with the kids too-Make another note to self that kids hate it just as much as adults.

Hey I thought it was fun!

Christmas Eve was a different one for us. In the past we have always gone out to our best friends the Ereksons and celebrated, and the past 2 years I have been with my family as it has been hard since my uncle passed away. But this year (Mace was not totally over a bug) we spent it at home with just our family, and it was FUN. I think we will do it again. We ate a fabo dinner, and sang songs, watched the video of Luke 2 and played games all night.
Grandma Preece always makes the grandkids jammies. They love them!


Here is Megs and Mace spreading oats for Santa's reindeer. I am sure that Santa found our house.


Let the games begin!
Our Christmas was Merry, and we are very blessed. We love our family, our friends, the gospel and each other.

5 comments:

Suzer said...

Hey--the cotton ball game wasn't so bad. It was a fun idea! Personally I didn't hear any complaints. Thanks for having us at the parties. As always, very fun.

jennaloha said...

Aw, we totally miss you guys too! I try not to think about it or I get weepyeyed. Me and Claire both!

BLADERUNNER said...

We miss you guys too! Two things Rafe wanted for his birthday - snow and cousins. He didn't get either. :(

Cindy B said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas. happy new year!

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that exact model. The prices for the sneakers are all over 220 pounds on every site. But for all I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?