Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Boot Camp 09

Mikayla participated in her very first dance "boot camp" ever. Last week she spent the entire week with the Junior, Teen, and Senior companies cleaning, choreography-ing, dancing, training, and working hard. To hear her describe it, it was fun, hard, intense and rewarding. The kids were at the studio for 36 hours! Yes folks, I said 36 hours of dance. Amazing---I have to admit I was quite proud of all of them.
The great thing about these kids, is that they are all such good friends. They have trained together for years, they know each othe well-and the older kids, they take good care of our younger kids. They are on the countdown now to Nationals in LA. Coming up in 3 weeks. Yeah!

Here is the first day of Boot camp-(warning-lots of photos, and thanks Averie for the photos)

Christian and Stacy- the drill sargeants.

Christian- Day one is camo day-

Jr, Teens, and Seniors.
Day 2- Red Day

Oh my aching shoulders, back and LEGS!

Shimmy Shimmy Coco puff!
Day 3 was white Day- I did not get any photos! :-(
Day 4 - Blue Day

The Crew after cleaning "I'm Alive"-actually they were dead dog tired.

The dudes.
I am proud of each of these kids who are all so dedicated to the sport they love. I know that they will be rock stars at the stadium of Fire and at Nationals. Great Job Center Stage Juniors, Teens and Seniors!

1 comment:

{jane} said...

that is awesome! seriously, it was 36 hours?!? my gosh...our girls are tough! LOVE the pictures - can I copy a couple???