Thursday, January 15, 2009

My first Screening

Well it has now been four months since my surgery. I am feeling great! The only things that I seem to be struggling with now are the hot flashes, (I tease Steve that I am still "Hot" it just comes in Flashes now) and with insomnia. I just really want a night of full sleep! GRRRrrrrrr!

I had my first biopsy/cancer screen this week. I was a little nervous, and of course the crazy thoughts are always going on in the back of your head. My Doc was quite certain that I am doing great and that there will be no cancer. He says I am healing very nicely and that hopefully SOOOOOOONer than later I will be through all of the meno-pause. Now I just need to get back to the gym!

My goal for the year (and for life---is to stay cancer free!) and of course I want to do 3 cancer races this year with "Team Preece". So I gotta get back to the gym!

5 comments:

Deanne said...

Back to the gym? Ya, me too. Someday...hopefully before my pass expires! Here's for many many more years of being cancer free! Congrats on how far you've come.

Maleen said...

You are so awesome!

And in the battle of Keri vs. Cancer, there is no contest. You win hands down!

The Shepherds said...

Insomnia would be the worst!! Good luck Keri! Wishing you all the best.

Matt N Camie Family said...

You are amazing!! :) I hope all continues to go well!

Chelle! said...

You are amazing!!! YEAH!! I am glad things are going great for you!!