Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am back!

I am happy to say that I am back! Back on the bike. A few weeks ago as we were moving into our new home, my bike came out of hiding (as Steve had to put it where I could not get it over the fall). I just had to sit on it. I miss it. Oh my goodness, I love being a roadie. It has become a passion, a stress reliever, and just plain fun for me. I have made some really great friends. Road biking is the best. I have missed my friends at the gym, I have missed my trainer, I have missed the wind in my face, and the thrill of a great ride. My body has missed it, and has become jello! BUT-I am back in the gym. I am riding 14 miles a day, and climbing steadily. I am hoping to be back up to 20 miles a day by mid February. My goal this year is to ride in three cancer races this year. "Team Preece" here we come! I'm just glad to be back in the saddle.

4 comments:

Maleen said...

You are an inspiration to us all!!

Barb said...

Good Luck Ker!

The Shepherds said...

Keri are you serious? 14 miles a day hoping for 20. You can kick some butt! Holy cow! Good job!

Chelle! said...

Good luck!!! Like I have said many times...you are amazing!!